Thursday 7 May 2015

WEST GERMAN - 3 (GE) Reconnaissance Battalion

I am working on the NATO Covering Force minus the 2 (US) Armoured Division (Fwd) which Andy Hamilton is doing. The main force for this is the Dutch 41 Armoured Brigade but attached to this Brigade was also the Dutch 103 Reconnaissance Battalion and the 3 (GE) Reconnaissance Battalion. Each Company consists of a Fuchs TPZ, a Luchs and two Leopard 1 tanks. I just have three infantry bases to do to mount in the Fuchs TPZ's. HQ is a Fuchs TPZ and a M577. As we are using the Recce Support House Rules I decided to base my Recce Support on different bases. After a discussion with Leon at Minibits he sorted out some 40mm x 20mm MDF bases with a point at the front for me so all my Recce Support units will be based like this. Easy way to remember their unit type.






7 comments:

  1. Very good Richard, I like the bases idea (might have to copy that one) and I like all the little unit markings you've added, they do enhance the way the unit looks.

    Cheers
    Richard N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bases you made for Recon. :) I might have to steal that idea.

    I'm planning to do a Canadian force in 6mm based on "First Clash" by Kenneth Macksey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal Away :-) The bases were done by Minibits (Pendraken) as a special order. Look forward to seeing some pictures of your Canadians. I really enjoyed "First Clash" an excellent book with some great ideas for games.
      Cheers
      Richard P

      Delete
    2. Thanx! I'm kind of thinking 1-to-1 scale, with a Troop of Leopard C1s, a company of the Vandoos, and supports.

      ~Anna

      Delete
    3. I was looking at the Canadians over the last couple of weeks and had already planned out a similar sized force but had gone for a full tank squadron so I could vary the main force. I got Mark Bevis to update his 4CMBG list on the wargames vault if it's of any use to you.

      Cheers
      Richard N

      Delete
  3. Oh, thank you! I'll take a look. :)

    A full Squadron of the RCD sounds pretty good, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete